In anticipation of all of our guys coming home from different deployments at the same time, a group of us girls all went out for dinner at Fraser's on Saturday night. Yes, Oak Harbor does actually have a nice restaurant WITH air conditioning! Who knew? The celebration of our survival through another deployment was a great time with awesome food and a few cocktails. I love these ladies!

Bobby was supposed to be getting home on Sunday so the rest of the weekend had been filled with cleaning. Vacuuming seems to be a daily occurrence due to Wrigley and Gracie shedding like crazy. Well, I got a call some time on Friday, I think, telling me that the NALO (no idea what that stands for but it's the plane that brings Bobby home) was pushed back a day so he was now going to get back on Monday. Typical. I was definitely sad but I can't say I was surprised. They finally left the following evening and Bobby called from Canada letting me know they'd made it to their resting place for the night but would be off again the following morning. The call the next morning was not expected. "The plane broke down over night." Lovely. They were now hoping to get back on Tuesday. Needless to say, I was crushed. Luckily work was slow that day so I could just curl up in bed and have my own little pity party.
After all of that, they were finally back in the air on Tuesday afternoon and on their way to Oak Harbor. Because we live so close to base, Bobby said he'd just call me when they landed and I'd then come to pick him up. I thought I'd be able to do that but pacing around the house was just too much for me to handle so I went to the base and waited in the terminal for their arrival. They landed right on schedule and I was able to give him a big hug and a smooch minutes later. Luckily he had shaved off the mustache so I was even happier to see him. (If that was possible!) He was clearly been working out like crazy during his deployment because he's looking thinner and fitter then I've seen in a long time. I definitely have A LOT of catching up to do!
We had to drop a couple of other guys off at their homes but were then finally back to our "home". I say "home" because Bobby was here all of a week or two before he left. Apparently he didn't even know our address anymore. Ha! The dogs get SO excited to see him that I had to record his arrival. I'm so sorry that most of this video is crooked. Being new to the whole camera/video feature, I didn't realize that happened. But you get the idea. I walked in first to get the camera. The dogs just stayed where they were and essentially said "oh hi, it's just you." Bobby then came in seconds later and here was the aftermath....
So glad to have him home!
No comments:
Post a Comment