It had been a crazy week already but for some reason the day of the rehearsal was probably the most hectic. There never seemed to be enough cars for getting people to/from and, not matter how hard we tried, we were at least 15 minutes late to the church for the rehearsal. I hate being late. Hate it. But apparently the church lady (lovingly referred to as the church Nazi) hated it even more. She had to have been in her 80's and clearly it was going to be her way or the highway. Now I can look back and laugh at her bossyness (is that a word?) but at the time, Bobby and I were hanging onto our last thread of sanity and I thought one or both of us was going to snap at her. Luckily we had Stacie, our wedding coordinator, there to help calm us down. I'm pretty sure this picture is capturing Stacie saying "Don't worry. We'll smile and nod today about all of the things she wants us to do and then tomorrow we'll do what ever the heck we want." (The church Nazi is in the green behind Joanna)

Everyone made it through alive and all of the "rehearsing" went off without a hitch.
Magnus was "playing" me down the aisle while Ghory was a stand-in for one of our groomsman still on his flight in from VA.


No comments:
Post a Comment