Friday, July 30, 2010

Taking Advantage of "Now"

I've found myself extremely torn recently. Part of me is anxiously counting down the days to my sabbatical where I get to take 3 weeks off of work, enjoy a trip to Croatia with my sister, as well as a full week back home in MN... the other part of me is wishing that time would slow down and Bobby's deployment wouldn't come nearly so soon. I've been lucky enough to have him around so much lately that it's definitely going to take me a while to get back into the swing of doing things myself and being by myself. (No offense Wrigley and Gracie.)

Since I can't control the time, and the Navy has made it abundantly clear that I can't control Bobby's schedule, I'm trying to take advantage of every day we do have together. Songs like Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying" are a good reminder of living each day to the fullest but, lets be honest....I can't really live like I was dying. If I knew I were dying next week, I'd be eating everything I could get my hands on and would have left the country to squeeze in as much travel as possible. Not sure how many "final days" I can really afford...and I really don't want to have to buy another bigger pair of jeans. :) That being said, I'll just stick to enjoying every hug and relishing each conversation we get to have face to face until he heads out again. Looking on the bright side of things, it's the last deployment with VQ-1! Wooohooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment